Friday, May 18, 2007

It's a Girl!!

Just found out the baby I am carrying is a girl! Yeah! Now, I certainly would have been happy even if it was a boy, I am just really looking forward to pink again! We have so many clothes from my first daughter that are still like brand new I can't wait to reuse them. You see she was the first grandchild on my side of family and the grandparents went a little crazy, not to mention a certian Aunt that only had one boy of her own, and always wanted a girl too! First she spoiled me, now my daughter. Therefore, it seems she often has more than she can wear before she outgrows it! What a wonderful problem to have, how truly blessed we are!

Emily is very excited about having a sister, Nick on the other hand, is in a little bit of denial. When I told him that it was a baby girl he just said "Nooo, silly, its my baby brother!" When I said "No, the doctors took pictures of my belly and they saw that it was a girl." He just looked at me and laughed. He replied " The baby is not in your tummy!!" I said "Yes, It is" and he proceeded to insist that the baby was not in my belly. Finally, I said "Okay then, where is it?"
He told me that it was at the store and all we had to do go in this one door and pick one out and then we would have his baby BROTHER. What could I say? He is only three. So I just laughed, and told his dad that he will have work cut out for him some day! I know that Nick will adjust and love his sister very much. Someday!

3 comments:

.Tom Kapanka said...

I heard this good news in the office the moment it was known! Congratulations! Talked with Emily about it Friday. She was pretty excited and all smiles.

Julie said...

Thanks! She really is excited, and I am excited for her. I always wanted to have a sister.

.Tom Kapanka said...

Hope you all are having a great summer. I don't think it will seem like summer for us until after June.