Tuesday, February 19, 2008

About the Photos

Last year, we had family pictures takens with Dan's whole side of the family, back when his Dad was still here with us. I kept getting frustrated because Nick was being such a stinker, no matter what we said he wouldn't just sit still and smile "normally". The whole time Don(Dan's dad) just kept saying" he's fine" and "it's not a big deal". Well, I wanted the "perfect" photos, not fine. Well, after a couple weeks, we got the pictures back and guess what I loved them. My absolute favorites were the ones of Nick acting up and making faces, becuase they so showed off his true personality.

So now, while I like to have at least one really "good" photo. I really cherish the ones where the kids are just being kids. Boy, we sure learn a lot as we get older about what is really important.

4 comments:

.Tom Kapanka said...

It took me a while to get back into "circulation" but these pictures are great. I did get Emily's Valentine. Be sure to thank her. And thank you for the discreet way you asked readers to pray for us at POI when I was in no frame of mind to ask for their prayers myself. It was a rough month, but God is good, and we're getting back to normal... sort of. You know what I mean.

Julie said...

We can all use extra prayers. I am still praying for you.

.Tom Kapanka said...

Thanks for remembering us.
As you know it comes and goes and hits at strange times over little things.
Like Thursday driving home I needed to call my mom's husband (she remarried a few years ago) and I noticed that my cell phone says "Mom K" for the phone number that has been "home" since I was a sophomore in college. It felt funny pressing "dial." I'm not sure when if ever I'll change that on the phone.
But mostly it's all good.
The snow is melting!
Happy Easter!
Tom

.Tom Kapanka said...

HOpe you're doing okay...

As of Friday, I am a grandpa. This is my way of handing out cigars! See pictures of Nora Paige at:
http://patternsofink.blogspot.com/