Thursday, July 12, 2007

What can a little card mean?

A lot. This is a lesson we have learned after the death of Dan's dad. Everyday, we have been recieving sympathy cards sometimes from people we hardly know. The words written inside are a comfort especially the personal notes. I, myself, am terrible at sending cards. I tend to be a procrastinator, finally deciding it has been to long why bother? Now, I know why, and I will be better, because I truly know the value of that little piece of paper and a short personal note.

2 comments:

.Tom Kapanka said...

About a month after my father died, my siblings and I each got a letter from his former boss. It was quite a tribute to may father in the work place (a side of him kids know little about). Jim (that's the man who sent the letter) did not have to do that. No one was expecting such a letter, but it meant so much. I have it in a scrapbook and I don't even scrap. =)

Julie said...

It really is a awesome to see how someone affects others, especially when those effects are positive. Beyond that the fact that someone just took a minute to pick a card and sign it really does mean a lot!