Thursday, August 09, 2007

Life

Maybe I am just extra sensitive right now, due to changing hormones, but what a heart wrenching couple of days. A few days ago, a cousins daughter lost her first baby. She was 3 months along and so excited. While she and her husband weren't planning this pregnancy, God had a different plan and He beat those little pills. They have been nothing but excited since they found out, planning, and asking a ton of questions all the typical things first time mommies do. Then yesterday, out of nowhere, she miscarried. Their whole family was crushed of course and are supporting them all the love they can muster. This would normally make me feel extremely blessed to have two beautiful children and a third on the way and yet still sad because of their loss. This time those feelings are accompanied by guilt, because I have never had a problem getting or staying pregnant. I can't fully understand their loss, but I truly do feel for them.

Well with all those emotions running wild in my system, a day later still, I was driving down the road and passed the local Woman's Medical Services. The only thing I have ever heard anybody going there for is to have an abortion. I have literally driven by this place hundreds of times and have never seen anyone coming or going, only protesters standing with their signs out front. Well on this day, a young girl all hunched over and looking to be in pain, was walking out with what could have been a mother and sister or friend. The grief that hit me at that moment was so real I was shocked. It might as have been me coming out of that clinic. I couldn't help but think of the baby I am carrying and the one our cousin lost. I just couldn't believe that someone would CHOOSE to end their babies life. I wasn't just sad I was angry how doesn't know or care how many women and men would love to have that baby? What gives her the right to say it is time for that life to end? I have always thought abortion was wrong, but I don't think I ever believed it as strongly as I do now.

Thank You Lord for allowing me the children I have. Help me to remember to pray for all the lost souls who think it is up to them to decide whether a child lives or not.

4 comments:

.Tom Kapanka said...

Great post, Julie. Good to see you and the kids this week. You and Mrs. Rodenburg and my nephew's wife are all due very soon. You know that old saying about things coming in threes? I have a feeling I'll be hearing good news from all over the place very soon.

Julie said...

Hopefully, sooner rather than later! I am scheduled for a c-section on Oct 1, but I sure wouldn't mind if it was a little earlier! Fortunately though it seems the weather has turned for now, it is much more tolerable. I was good to see you guys too, it has been a really crazy summer and I can't believe it is almost over. Emily is so excited to start up school again (me too!) she has been asking when it starts all summer! See you soon.

.Tom Kapanka said...

Sorry we've been so busy lately. Heard the good news!

.Tom Kapanka said...

We'll be praying for you Monday.