Monday, October 01, 2007

Isn't She Lovely?




Isn't she beautiful? Of course we are a little biased. She came a little earlier than expected and we not really ready, but are you ever really ready for that kind that of change in your life? Already, she has brought such joy to our lives. Her big sister and brother love her like crazy and want to part of everything to do with her, well except change her diapers! Nick can't walk past her without giving her a kiss and usually it is 5 kisses! He will hold her and say "I think I just heard her say she loves her big brother!" He is such a nut. Dan says that someday he won't have to worry about who Abby dates, because Nick will take of that. He is pretty protective of her. Emily loves to mother her and wants to help in almost anyway (no diapers), she love to help me with bottles and to pick out her clothes. I hope they will always be close, I never had a sister and always wanted one, I know that there is a special bond there and I hope it is never broken.
Well, just thought I would put up a little update and show-off a little picture. By the way she was awake when I snapped this picture. Is it gas? or is she just as happ about us as we are about her? I think it is the second. Our kids are so smart! ;>)

4 comments:

.Tom Kapanka said...

Now I can't get that Stevie Wonder song out of my head!

I want you to know this picture and two others are hanging in the school office window. Emily brought them in to show me and we photocopied them and put them up. Everyone loves this one with the smile.
I wish you could've seen Emily. She kept trying to leave the office but more people kept coming in and asking her questions, etc. After about five minutes she said, "I bet Mrs. Britton is wondering where I am." Here all the grown ups were surrounding her and she couldn't get out. It was so funny.
We're praying for your continued good days, happy time, and new strength even though you have "lots of help."

Julie said...

That is so funny! Diane told me there was a cute story to go with the pictures! I will have to print this for the scrapbooks.

I think it is funny that she was itching to get out of the office, usually she loves to be the center of the attention especially when it involves her new little sister! But, I can tell you that she loves school so much she was just thrilled that now she won't have to miss even the half a day we were planning when her sister was born! I don't know where she gets it but we sure encourage it!

Oh and sorry about the song, it could be worse, it could be The Wheels on the Bus go round and round...

.Tom Kapanka said...

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

.Tom Kapanka said...

Time for a family picture!
I got the cutest drawing from Emily the day after the program. It was her with her staff. =)